Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Have Fun and Have Fun Often

So a lot has happened since my last post- I had a weekend full of fun that I cannot wait to tell you about.

On Saturday G and N and Ann (the Mom) traveled to a local theme park called Kings Dominion for a day filled with roller coasters, water slides and every fattening food you could imagine possible. It was an especially exciting day as it was N's first time on roller coasters- this it turned out could go one of two ways. 1. N could find roller coasters absolutely horrible and either a. not want to go near them for the rest of the day, or b. throw up profusely. OR 2. N could love them. On the first ride of the day I chose to sit behind N as a preventative measure to 1,b. N chose however to follow path number 2. She LOVED it. She spent the whole day giggling and laughing hysterically at how much fun was being had. We went on every scary roller coaster that was allowed at her height. This child had more fun than I have seen in a long long time, it made me wish that I had that much fun more often.
Life Lesson: Have Fun and Have Fun Often 
It seems that everyone's life is filled with getting from point A to point B and then going to sleep. We are so consumed with providing a good life for our families or getting a good education to be able to provide a good life for ourselves that we get caught up and forget to have fun. Truly isn't life all about the fun? Because let's be honest, no one is going to make it out alive! I think that we should take a lesson from children-let's all try to have more fun. And, i'm not imposing something radical here, rather, just take a couple minutes out of your day to do something fun. Smile. Laugh. Play. It's good for you.
Let me know, what are you going to do to have more fun in your life?
Sincerely,
The Virginia Nanny.

1 comment:

  1. I think as we grow older we smile less and have fun less often. This summer I want to have fun, smile, and even laugh. Can you remind me when I get too serious?

    - Ann (the mom)

    ReplyDelete